Heat Your Tank Affordably
Another crucial WVO product from WVO Designs
Get heat at your tank with our custom designed and built hot stick. Heat is needed throughout your fuel system, even back at the tank. Heating the WVO at the tank reduces the oil’s viscosity allows for proper flow. This product allows you to expand your tank options and save money by using this in-tank heater. You don’t have to be limited in buying expensive “WVO tanks”. We are a waste oil company, designing products specifically to assist with the use with waste oil. We set out to design and build an affordable solution for providing heat to the oil in your WVO tank. This style of tank heater warms a larger area of fuel, but really heats the fuel as it is being “picked-up” entering your fuel system from the tank. The Hot Stick is designed to bolt right in an existing tank port(like a fuel sender) or drill a new hole and pop in the hot stick. All mounting hardware is included.
-All the ports you need – fuel out, coolant/out
-Durable, Stainless Steel –Overbuilt!(do not drop this your foot)
-Range of Sizes – 7, 9, 11, and 13 inches. Includes a 3/8 threaded port for custom length extensions.
-Excellent Heat Transfer
*With the Hot Stick you can make use of any tank or vesicle that can handle 180 degree heat. The most common tanks used for WVO are aluminum followed by stainless steel. Heat is needed at fuel pickup in the tank for proper fuel flow.
-Hardware included: Nut plate, mounting screws, fuel fitting adapter and gasket
-Material: Stainless Steel, aluminum
-Fuel Port -
13": 1/2" NPT(NPT to JIC adapter included)
7, 9, 11": #8 SAE/ORB(Adapter Included)
-Coolant Ports - 1/2" NPT
-Thread For Pipe Extension -3/8" NPT-Female
-Head height - 1 3/8”
-Head diameter - 2 3/4”
-Tube diameter - 38mm
Stainless steel heat exchangers for warming fuel tanks and heating fuel upon pick-up.
-Variety of Lengths - 7, 9, 11 and 13 inches
-Adaptable - Turn any tank into a heated tank
By Golgotha Excellent quality, and price. ,
- Hot Stick is built like a lethal weapon, nothing wimpy here, we're talking heavy metal. I have been using this in my 1993 Dodge Cummins. Works good, have had no issues with leaks or fuel delivery. I bought a used boat fuel tank off of ebay and all I had to do was remove the fuel level sender and install the Hot Stick, the bolt pattern is the same. Good to know if you're buying a fuel cell with provisions for a fuel level gauge. I've been told the fuel level senders won't last with wvo anyway.
By Jason S The best heated pickup on the market ,
- I have a 4 door crew cab f350, so my bed-mounted tank is about as far from the engine as it gets. This hot stick is aptly named because it gets very hot. I like that it minimizes the amount of heat applied to the tank and only heats the fuel that is needed. The polished aluminum is also very nice.
By Sawmillscott Top notch ,
- High quality, good price, aesthetically
By Michael The Name says it all ,
- Very nice machine work. Precision tig welded. Installed in my RDS 60 gallon tank. Instructions were very easy and thorough. Sucker gets very hot!!!
By 88tlc great heated pickup that i use for horizontal pickup ,
- a great heated fuel pickup. i recently purchased and installed into a aluminum fuel tank. i installed low in the tank, in a horizontal position, supported by a baffle. this allows this heated element to always be submerged in oil, an improvement over a vertical oriented pick up because it does not allow hot VO to be sloshed up on the hot element.
i called in and asked specifics about this unit - the heat element is baffled to force hot coolant all way to the end, then return back. also the threaded ports were npt and AN#6, i did a hose - in - hose system.